Monday, November 3, 2008

....Vicki Lynn....


July 21, 1955-November 3, 1993
So today isn't going to be a great day for me, because today is the anniversary of my moms death. She died 15 years ago today from colon cancer, it eventually spread to her liver and kidneys, which was what caused her death. It shut all of her vital organs down. So since I love you girls and I am so close to alot of you, I thought I would share my last moments with her. WARNING...you may cry. =[
It was November 3rd 1993, 5 days before my 8th birthday. My brother and I left school early, the doctor knew it wouldn't be long. My dad was sitting in the chair beside my mom, holding her hand. I was sitting beside him on the arm of the chair and my brother was sitting on the back of the chair. My mothers parents and sister were also there. I remember the doctor coming in and giving my mom a shot. She went to sleep and never woke up.
I thought for sooooo many years that the doctor had killed my mom. It was pain medicine that she had requested because she was in so much pain. Her had slowly let go of my dads and he said "my baby's gone". I didn't really understand. He grabbed my brother and I so hard that I thought my ear was gone. He proceeded to walk out, punched the wall and broke his hand. The nurses came and got my brother and I to color. Rick didn't leave, I did. I remember sitting in the hallway in my babysitters lap just rocking back and forth crying. We left the hospital to come home.
2 days later on the 5th was her funeral. My brother and I each put a pink rose on her chest before they closed her casket. My brother kissed her cheek. (She had a closed casket because she didn't look like "her". She NEVER let anyone see her until she was put together...makeup and all) My father caught a bunch of bull because her selfish friends didn't like that it was closed, but he was following her wishes so he didn't care who was mad.

3 comments:

Nicknessaemma said...

Love ya. I'm thinking about you today.

Ashley Murphy said...

oh my goodness, Bri. Thank you so much for sharing. Your mother is beautiful and you look just like her. I couldnt even imagine how that must have/still feels/felt.

~Jessi~ said...

Bri, your mom is beautiful! I'm so sorry you didn't get more time with her :( You are so strong! Love ya!